Sunday, September 01, 2013

Playlist for 8/25/13 show



8:00am (+ 8:00pm!)



Mariee Sioux: Buried In Teeth

Chairlift: I Belong In Your Arms

Fruit Bats: Heart Like an Orange

Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside: Do Me Right

Dum Dum Girls: Bedroom Eyes

Mother McKenzie: You in the Gutter and ME

Veronica Falls: Falling Out

Scientific Maps: Let Them See The Cables (I became this song's biggest fan when I heard them play it at Rest Fest in 2011. Here's the lineup for this year's Rest Fest.)

Okkervil River: It Was My Season

Yo La Tengo: Is That Enough

Lou Doillon: Questions and Answers

Allo Darlin': Silver Dollars

Brown Bird: Bow For Blade

The National: Fits Of Reason

Golden Grrrls: Take Your Time

Coke Weed: Back To Soft (Not only are they from Maine but they are from Bar Harbor, Maine! I saw lots of shooting stars when I lived there for two summers.)


9:00 (+ 9:00pm!)

Lady Lamb The Beekeeper: Rooftop

The Moondoggies: Lead Me On

Yellowbirds: What's Out There

Simon & Garfunkel: The Boxer

Dave Rawlings Machine: Sweet Tooth

Valerie June: Somebody To Love (I still can't stop listening to this album. It's on my "Best of 2013" list five times! (haha.) The way she opened her song on Letterman last week gave me 10 second goosebumps.) 

Belle & Sebastian: We Rule The School

Jim Guthrie: Turn Me On

Eleanor Friedberger: I Am The Past

Bessie Smith: Backwater Blues

The Milk Carton Kids: Hope Of A Lifetime

Soko: The Ash & Clay

Telekinesis: Symphony

Eels: Little Bird


Picture note: Corner of New Scotland and Quail